This article will cover the process to reset your password from your computer. You will need to already be logged into the computer with your current password.
While logged into your desktop you will need to press and hold the CTRL-ALT-DEL (control - alternate - delete) keys.
1. Choose "Change a password" off the selection screen.
2. Enter your current password.
3. Enter a new password. It must meet the WS/FCS complexity requirements. See the chart below for the requirements.
4. Enter your new password a second time for confirmation.
5. Hit 'Enter' or click the next button.
This process has completed successfully. You should see a screen confirmation that your password has changed. If you have any problems or need assistance please contact the Technology Service Desk at 336-727-8300 between the hours of 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
PASSWORD COMPLEXITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Must have at least 1 capital letter.
- Must have at least 1 lower case letter.
- Must have at least 1 number.
- Your password cannot contain any part of your first or last name.
- Your password cannot contain any part of your login ID.